Georgetown Engagement Portraits with a dog
Engagement sessions have come a long way in the last ten years. Once, there were stiff formal portraits taken for newspaper announcements. Now they are a way to celebrate and remember those exciting days leading up to your wedding.
Most couples put a lot of thought into which location they would like as their background for their photos in the District or the outfits they want to wear. A new consideration is whether you want to include your dog. Let's be real, a dog isn't just a pet, it's family.
We love it when couples include their pets into their session. But there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Do you want the dog in all the photos? If you only want your dog in a few photos, bring along a family member or friend that can take the dog when he isn't in the photo. Some couples do a few photos with their furry friend at the beginning and then send the dog home with the wrangler. Others stay for the entire session so the dog can be a part of each part of the session.
- Does the dog get along well with others? If your dog is a little rambunctious, you might not get a perfectly posed shot with everyone, including the dog, looking at the camera. But you could get some fun shots playing with him.
- Does the dog shed and are you wearing dark clothes? If the dog sheds, you will want to make sure you bring along a lint roller.
- Is it a hot day? Even if the session is just an hour, dogs can get easily overheated. Bring along some water!
- Treats can help the dog focus. If you want to try for some of the photos with the dog looking at the camera, a treat is a great way to get their attention. We hold the treat, everyone looks at the camera, and then the dog gets the treat! Win for everyone!
If you are looking for a photographer that is dog (and other pet) friendly, we are your photographer! Looking forward to capturing you and your dog for your photos!
Location: 2715 Q St NW, Washington, DC 20007.